We are committed to protecting our users’ privacy. Keeping the information you share with us on or with relation to our online services entitled “MTV 81” (‘Website’) secure and ensuring your understanding of how we collect, use and maintain your information is important to us.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information and while no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure from intrusion, we have used and will continue to use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the protection of your information. We continually assess new technology for protecting information and, when appropriate, we upgrade our information security systems.
Disclosure (General): Although your privacy is very important to us, in this legal and technical environment, we cannot fully ensure that your personally identifiable information will not be disclosed to third parties. Please see ‘Disclosure to Third Parties,’ below, for more information.
- the kinds of information we collect from users of the Website and how that information is collected;
- how we use the information;
- the circumstances under which we disclose information to third parties;
- how you can access, update or delete any information collected about you by us; and
- the mechanisms we have implemented to protect your personally identifiable information.
You can visit the Website and learn about the Service, as well as certain goods and services available from our advertisers and suppliers.
Personally Identifiable Information: When we use the term ‘personally identifiable information’ we mean information such as your full name, street address, town or city, state, post code, telephone number, date of birth, e-mail address and any other information that would allow someone to identify you or contact you.
Although we may track the numbers of visitors to inform us on how best to update the Website and enhance the experience for all visitors, personally identifiable information is not extracted in this process. We use tracking information on an aggregated basis to help us operate the Website, enhance and improve the Service, improve the look of the Website and display advertising and marketing information.
We collect personally identifiable information about you when you visit the Website and input information, whether you are enrolling or signing up for features and functions, participating in promotions or in the course of any other exchanges of information, transactions and activities.
Bear in mind that when you submit information to us via email or by any other methods indicated by us from time to time, it does not guarantee that we will permit you to use any or all of the features or functions of the Website.
Third Parties on our Site: The Website may contain advertisements, references and links to other websites and organizations. We may also use third parties to display or serve advertising on the Website and our web-based newsletters. Often these third party advertising companies employ cookie and web bug technologies to measure advertising effectiveness. You should be aware that different rules may apply to the collection, use or disclosure of your information by third parties in connection with their advertisements, promotions and other web sites you encounter on the Internet. The use of such technology by these third parties is within their control and not ours, and even if we have a relationship with the third party, we do not control those sites or their policies and practices regarding your information and we encourage you to investigate and ask questions directly of them in this regard.
- when we have your consent (you ‘opt in’) to do so, in which case their use of your information is subject to their own privacy policies;
- when we have retained companies to work with or on behalf of us to provide goods or services that you have requested;
- when you use co-branded services – in which case you are giving us permission to pass any personally identifiable information you provide in the context of our co-branding and marketing relationship, back to our co-branding partner. Their use of your information is subject to their own privacy policies;
- when any of our subsidiaries, parent and/or affiliate companies are involved in developing, managing, maintaining, marketing, promoting, and/or by any other means supporting the Website and therefore they need to access your personally identifiable information to perform their services with respect to the Website;
- when we are compelled to do so by a governmental agency, court or other entity (e.g., to respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process);
- as and when we, in our sole discretion, believe such disclosure to be necessary or appropriate to investigate or resolve possible problems or inquiries, to protect our business and assets, to defend our interests and/or to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations; or
- in the event of a bankruptcy, or a merger, acquisition, joint venture or other business combination involving us.
It is also possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications.
We do not sell or market your personally identifiable information to unaffiliated organizations. Some of the aggregate customer data we collect may be shared with advertising companies in order to enhance and improve the operation and relevance of the Website, but we do not give any personally identifiable information to them as part of this relationship. Use of their tracking technology is subject to their own privacy policies.
Summary: Our privacy guidelines are designed to ensure that we:
- collect and use your personally identifiable information only as necessary to deliver high quality service, to administer our business and to let you know of goods and services that are available from our family of companies;
- protect the personally identifiable information the Website’s users share with us, maintaining strict standards of security and confidentiality. In this regard we even limit access by our own employees to those individuals who are trained and advised in the proper handling of such information and any employee found violating our standards of security and confidentiality will be subject to our disciplinary processes;
- make every effort to keep your personally identifiable information complete, up to date, and accurate based on the information you provide us.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to update, modify and remove your personally identifiable information which has been shared with us with respect to the Website. Please note that we may request a copy of your identification (such as your driver’s license, passport and/or student ID card) when necessary, for confirming the inquiry was actually sent by you. Upon completing the confirmation, we will immediately destroy or remove the copy of your identification from our computers.
Last updated on 14 November 2012.